Tuesday, June 21, 2011

To Save A Life




          I just watched a movie today entitled “To Save A Life”. It is a very inspiring movie about a teenage boy who regretted not helping a friend in need get through life who later ended up committing suicide. And so as to not make the same mistake, he attended Church and did all he can to help those who feels like they are alone and at the mean time tries to find answers on why they think of dying and that life isn’t worth it. But life isn’t easy for him as well when he found out his parents are divorcing and his girlfriend got pregnant.

         I was so touched by this movie that I can’t help but cry. I’ve always complained about my problems, about life and even about the most simplest things that even I couldn’t believe I complained about. And then I watched this movie and found out there are a much more bigger problems other people have to face and they couldn’t let it out like I am. They just kept it to themselves, no one to ask help from and feeling all alone. My problems aren’t really as big as the ones in the movies. Now that I think about it, they aren’t really big enough to be worried about. With such small problems, I feel so alone, so helpless. What more if I were in their shoes? What more if I were the pregnant girlfriend? Or if I’m the one whose parents are divorcing or is getting a divorce? What if I were the one who didn’t bother to help a friend in need and caused him to commit a suicide? Honestly, I don’t know. But one thing’s for sure, I will feel remorse and alone.


          One of the cast Roger Dawson deliver this line with full of depression in his eyes, I realize that there are so many young people who is going through this kind of dilemma.
“I feel so alone. Like no one in the world feels this way, and it doesn’t even matter. It’s not important. It’s not important, maybe because.. I’m not important. I’m screaming out, doing everything in my power to be heard, yet even my silence is louder than my screams. What else can I do to be heard but to tear down my world, break apart my life? Die. I just want somebody to listen and not be angry that I’m not content, because I’m not. You know, I’m not happy. I feel like I’m stuck in a world where no one wants me, in a world where I’m so completely different. I can never fit in or be understood. I can scream as loud as I want to but the screams will always fade because no one really knows how to listen. Well, maybe this will show them.”

Roger Dawson, 

          This movie made me realize that I want to help others. I want to be their counsellor. I want to talk to them, to help them with their problems. True enough I may not be able to really give the best advice, but I can lend an ear. I may not know what they are going through

          “Life is a journey, not so much to a destination, but a transformation. Looking back doesn’t sometimes feel like our richest times come right in the midst of our hardest? But God made us to life in community, to laugh and cry. To hurt and to celebrate with each other, no matter what we’re going through. And transformation is tough, and we don’t always end up where we think we will. But we have to remember, that even when we struggle to believe in Him, He always believes in us. He fills our lives with purpose and passion, if we just let Him. And the best part of the journey, is that the God of the universe, sometimes allows us to play a part in changing the world. Isn’t that a trip?”
To save a life (2009)

I'll be glad to pray for you: Prayer Request

2 comments:

  1. when you know someone listens is always enough and is already a relief :) it works a lot of times

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!


    mukhang maganda ang theme ng movie na ito... dapat ipalabas din yan d2 sa Pinas eh.. more on Christian movies sana... i hope i can find one na puede kong ma-download (kung available) para mapanuod ko rin... puede rin kc naming isama sa household activity namin ung movie watching na ganyan eh.

    have you watched 'facing the giants'?... maganda rin un... http://lagalagak0.multiply.com/reviews/item/6

    I recommend that movie as well... o sya. thanks for sharing!

    To GOD be the glory till eternity! :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind.. Let it Out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...