Thursday, November 13, 2008

FREE HUGS!!!

As i was lying on my bed last night, i remember what i had watched on Ophra a year ago if im not mistaken. A FREE HUG episode, there is a young man named JUAN MANN from Australia, this man is telling and discussing about what FREE HUGS is all about. As i was listening his story/adventure regarding his experience i was amazed by his positive outlook in life. After telling his story there was a video clip regarding his FREE HUGS.

*** lower down the volume of my background music first, to listen the background music of FREEHUGS video. ENJOY watching. It really moves my heart seriously.



Its amazing how just one person with one sign can impact so many. This is wonderful !! Everyone needs a hug. Black, white, asian, latino, native etc. we need to be one. We are all God's creation.


Sometimes, a hug is all that we need. Free Hugs is the real life controversial story of Juan Mann, a man whose sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger put a smile on their face.

In this age of social-disconnection most all of us lack that simple human touch from another, the effects of the Free Hugs Campaign are now felt around the globe.

As this simple gesture of kindness and hope spread across the city, police and officials ordered

the Free Hugs Campaign BANNED. What we then witnessed was the true spirit of humanity as people came together in what can only be described as something awe inspiring.

In the spirit of the Free Hugs Campaign please pass this video to a friend and HUG a stranger! After all, you CAN make a difference.

How it all started:

Juan Mann – The Origin of Free Hugs.
I'd been living in London when my world turned upside down and I'd had to come home. By the time my plane landed back in Sydney, all I had left was a carry on bag full of clothes and a world of troubles. No one to welcome me back, no place to call home. I was a tourist in my hometown.

Standing there in the arrivals terminal, watching other passengers meeting their waiting friends and family, with open arms and smiling faces, hugging and laughing together, I wanted someone out there to be waiting for me. To be happy to see me. To smile at me. To hug me.

So I got some cardboard and a marker and made a sign. I found the busiest pedestrian intersection in the city and held that sign aloft, with the words "Free Hugs" on both sides.

And for 15 minutes, people just stared right through me. The first person who stopped, tapped me on the shoulder and told me how her dog had just died that morning. How that morning had been the one year anniversary of her only daughter dying in a car accident. How what she needed now, when she felt most alone in the world, was a hug. I got down on one knee, we put our arms around each other and when we parted, she was smiling.

Everyone has problems and for sure mine haven't compared. But to see someone who was once frowning, smile even for a moment, is worth it every

And now FREE HUGS campaign is all over the world like ASIA, EUROPE, North/South America etc.



Is there anyone who started FREE HUGS in the Philippines? if somebody already started it i want a FREE HUGS and i will join with him/her on their campaign. I want to start FREE HUGS here in the Philippines how i wish so.


3 comments:

  1. ahaylahabyuhu zebzebbbbbbbbbb... i want your free hug, and i'mma give you my free hug tooooooo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try kaya nating gawin yan sa may EDSA? hehehe

    teka, di ba may gumawa nyan dito? kung di ako nagkakamali sa UP Campus yon last year, Valentines day! tama ba ako? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. what if mga blogger is magkaroon ng FREEHUG campaign kanya kanyang outpost hehehehehe. spread the FREELOVE FREEHUG. hehehehe.

    Yung UP nagorganized n ba ng Free Hug? my video kali sila nun. hehehehehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Mind.. Let it Out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...