Its been 10 months since I left Philippines to have a greener pasture and to save and prepare for my future family if God's will. It's hard being away from the family especially when it is your first time going abroad and if you re not strong enough for sure you will struck by what they called "homesick".
When I heard that my cousin here in Riyadh will go back home in the Philippines to have his yearly vacation and he ask me if there is any presents that I want to send back home, I bought some chocolates, chocolates and chocolates :) And of course I ask them to send something for me in return when my cousin come here again.
One month had passed, my cousin came back fresh from the Philippines. And he phoned me to tell that he is already here and my family has given "pasalubong" for me, because of busy schedule for both of us 2 weeks had passed until me and my cousin met. And handed the "pasalubong" for me.
Let me share you this "pasalubong" given to me by my Mom.
- Pancit Canton maybe my Mom didn't know that there is also Lucky Me Pancit Canton here ;)
- Bawang na Bawang come on' I never imagine that my mom will send me this, but I found out that my Cousin put that in the bag. ;)
- Gatsby Wax my Mom wants to be sure that I am still well groomed " Sabi ng Mommy ko gwapo daw ako, at pinaniniwalaan ko yun nyahaha, siya lang kakampi ko wag na kayong kumontra pls pls pls" nyahahaha.
- Peanut Butter my Mom knows that of all the spread, Peanut Butter is my one and only favorite, specially if it's home made Peanut Butter.
- Boxer Brief this really made me realized that Mother's know
besteverything, my Mom knows that I don't wear brief and that I prefer Boxer Brief of Boxer Shorts, and for that Mom you deserve a big kiss and hug ;)
I really feel like I'm in the Philippines again after seeing this Dried Fishes wooooaaaah. My Mom deserve my high five ;)
This piece of paper really made my tears come down in my face, seriously guys. I never imagine that my Mom will write a letter for me, those pasalubong is really enough for me to know that they care and love me, but this letter moves my heart and gave me strength that I needed in my stay here knowing that they are miles away from me.
To Our Dearest Donnie,With love and prayers we wish to greet you in the name of Dear Lord Jesus Christ who is the same today, yesterday, and forever Amen!
Nagpadala ako kay Elton ng 1 peanut butter, tuyo at dilis, mayroon din si Elton nito. Bumuli din ako ng 2 boxer brief at 1 gatsby. Hope you like them.
Ingat always at lagi kang makikipagusap kay Lord upang lagi ka nyang gabayan at pagpalain
Remember, we love you and we miss you so much. Love, Mommy
Family is a place where everyone loves you no matter what, and they accept you for who you are.