Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Purpose Driven Life : New Look Pinoy Pride

                    The Purpose Driven Life is one of the books that I have read from cover to cover, the PDL that I owned was given to me when I attended a Youth Gathering in my home town, I still remember that I am so eager to buy that book when they release it to the market, but because I don't have enough money to punch in it was just a hopeful wish. The book is so expensive, maybe because I'm just a student that time and I need to save some of my money to get that book.

                    Gladly the Church that I attended gave me the PDL book, it was a token for me because I participated in their worship team as part of their Youth Gathering.  And it was very overwhelming to received the book that I long for.


                    Sadly that book was never returned to me anymore, my sister, bro's and some of my cousins borrowed that book.  And I let them borrow that book because in a way I let them help to discover and enjoy reading that book as I did.  
____________________________________________________________

                    This is amazing guys there is a new cover for the one of the worlds best selling Christian book "The Purpose Driven Life : What On Earth Am I Here For?"


                    The cool things?  A 25-year-old Filipino graphic designer in Davao City — Brian Montes — bagged the top prize of a design contest for the cover of the re-issued best-selling book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Christian pastor Rick Warren.


WINNING FILIPINO DESIGNER BRIAN Montes of Davao City
gets to change the look of Rick Warren's 'Purpose Driven Life.'
Photo from Garrett Sussman 

                    The contest, conducted by talent outsourcing site 99designs, aimed to give the best seller a well-deserved revamp.


                    Rick Warren, the influential Christian pastor and author of the best-selling book "The Purpose Driven Life" decided to hold a cover redesign contest on 99designs. "The Purpose Driven Life" has sold more than 32 million copies around the world. In the fall, the book is celebrating its 10th anniversary.  


                    Montes' design stood out from almost 4,000 contest entries. Check out the other entries here.  Montes joined 99designs under the screen name ianskey  in 2010 where he focuses in book cover, magazine cover and logo design work with the aim of honing his designing skills.


                    The Christian Post said Montes’ success wasn’t just due to his talent, citing that two of the final five entries were submitted by the Filipino designer.
                    "I counted the little leaves that he has on this tree and there was exactly 40 and I thought that's a really nice touch. I sent [Montes] an email that said, 'Nice touch, by the way, by making the leaves number exactly 40,'" he said. "The designer was not even aware that his decision-making included exactly 40 leaves. He didn't even know that there were only 40 leaves. He was so excited and he felt it was confirmation that he was listening to guidance beyond himself on designing this cover."
                    In an email correspondence with 99designs, Montes wrote that his inspiration came from God.
                    "Every time I make a certain design I always ask God's guidance because I firmly believe that every design that is from God is a masterpiece," Montes stated.
This time again I hope and I pray that I can have the new Purpose Driven Life book again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind.. Let it Out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...